Configure Control Room in cluster setup with shared repository for Linux
As a RPA platform administrator, you can configure the Control Room in the cluster setup across the shared repository. Configuring the Control Room in shared repository enables the Control Room with high availability, load balancing, and disaster recovery.
- Verify Automation 360 On-Premises – Voraussetzungen.
- Ensure that you have the following:
- Three Linux VMs with RHEL 7.9
- One Linux VM with MSSQL 2019 connected to database
- One load balancer with access to all three nodes
- One AWS NFS
In case, any of the Control Room node is down and not available intermittently, the other nodes maintain the continuity of the service and also maintains the load on the server. In case of any specific node failure, data can be recovered from the other shared nodes on the server. Perform the following steps to configure a Control Room in a three node (N1, N2, and N3) cluster using the shared repository.
- Set up the NFS in AWS.
Create a directory in the nodes N1, N2 and N3.
Run the following commands to grant the read and write permission to the new
directory across all the nodes.
- sudo chown -R crkernel:controlroom /CRRepo/AutomationAnywhere
- sudo chmod -R 775 /CRRepo/AutomationAnywhere
Run the following command in all the three nodes to edit the fstab file to
mount and map the new directory with NFS.
fs-eec88e3f.efs.ap-south-1.amazonaws.com:/ /CRRepo/AutomationAnywhere nfs rw,hard,intr,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,timeo=14 0 0
To verify that the remote NFS volume is successfully mounted, reboot nodes N1,
N2, and N3 and run the df -h command.
Once the share is mounted, the mount point becomes the root directory of the mounted file system.
To verify that the NFS is working across the shared repository, create a text
file in the /CRRepo/AutomationAnywhere directory of node
You can view the same file in the nodes N2 and N3 directory.
- Install the Control Room in the nodes N1, N2, and N3.
- Access Control Room through load balancer URL.
- Continue with the following post Control Room configuration steps.
- In the Control Room repository path, enter /CRRepo/AutomationAnywhere.
- In the URL field, enter the load balancer server URL.
- Complete the admin user creation steps.
- You can verify the Control Room on all the three nodes by navigating to the .