Prerequisite tasks for migrating bots
After you have installed Automation 360 On-Premises or uploaded data to Automation 360 Cloud, you must perform certain tasks before migrating the Enterprise 10 or Enterprise 11 bots.
- Enterprise 11 to Automation 360 Cloud migration: Upload Enterprise 11 data to Automation Anywhere Cloud using the Cloud Migration Utility.
- Enterprise 11 or Enterprise 10 to Automation 360 On-Premises migration: Install Automation 360.
- Enterprise 11 to Automation 360 On-Premises on Linux CentOS migration: Install Automation 360 on a Linux CentOS instance.
- For migration to be successful, the license requirements of the target Automation 360 environments must match the existing source Enterprise 10 or Enterprise 11 environments.
- At least one Bot Runner license is required for migration.
Assign the AAE_Bot Migration Admin role to the user who
initiates the migration and the Bot Runner user that will be used
to perform the migration.
The Bot Runner user runs the migration and must have the following permissions and criteria:
- An unattended Bot Runner license
- Autologin Set status
- Default device configured
Enterprise 11 users who has installed Automation 360
using a fresh database and Enterprise 10 users who has not copied
Enterprise 10 data must manually create the all Enterprise 11
or Enterprise 10 entities except bots in Automation 360:
For more information about the entities you must create, see Prerequisites for manual migration.
- Install the Bot agent on the device that you want to use for migration.
- Optional: To migrate the production version of bots, import the Enterprise 11 bots using the BLM feature from the SVN version control enabled Enterprise 11 Control Room.