Add primary IP address for cluster
If your Control Room server has multiple IP addresses or network interface cards (NICs), you can manually update the cluster.properties file to include the primary IP address.
To perform this task, you must be a Control Room administrator and have the required rights and permissions.
- Ensure you have the view and manage settings permission.
- Complete the Control Room installation.
- Updating the cluster.properties file requires a downtime,
so ensure a maintenance window for the following:
- All the user devices will be disconnected.
- No schedules will run during maintenance.
- Bot agent and Automation Anywhere Control Room will not be accessible.
Update the cluster.properties file to ensure the caching service requirement to define a single IP address for the primary NIC of the Control Room.
Complete this task on all the Control Room nodes in a high availability cluster.
Locate the cluster.properties file in your Control Room directory.
For example, the default location is: C:\Program Files\Automation Anywhere\Enterprise\config\
If the file does not exist in your Control Room directory, create the file.
Add the following property option to the
ignite.local.static.ipproperty is configured with a single IP address of the primary NIC of the Control Room node. You can manually reconfigure the property when more than one IP address is available.
- Save the cluster.properties file.
Restart the following Automation Anywhere Windows services:
- Automation Anywhere Control Room Caching
- Automation Anywhere Control Room Messaging
- Automation Anywhere Control Room Service
- To ensure all the cache is in sync, restart the rest of the Automation Anywhere Windows services.