Extract data from check boxes or check box groups
Train a bot to extract data from a single check box or a group of check boxes.
A check box is a user interface object that allows you to make a binary choice - select or leave unselected. IQ Bot supports extracting data from check boxes or radio buttons marked with a tick, cross, or dot. In addition to square check boxes and round radio buttons, IQ Bot supports triangle and rhombus outlines.
When IQ Bot processes documents with a check box, it extracts either a Yes (check box selected) or No (check box not selected) value.
You can also combine multiple check boxes into a single group, for example a payment methods group that contains check boxes for cash, credit card, and check. When IQ Bot processes documents with a check box group, it includes the group name in the extraction results.
Recurring check boxes or groups
By default, IQ Bot extracts check box values as a form field. However, if a check box or group appears on a recurring basis in the uploaded documents, you manually select the Column option so that IQ Bot extracts the values as table fields. This enables IQ Bot to extract values from the subsequent occurrences. Otherwise, IQ Bot will only extract the check box value the first time it appears.
- Click the field you want to map from the left panel.
In the center panel, in the Data type drop-down field,
select value as check box or checkbox
- To extract data from single check box or check box groups, click the Field label field and then click the corresponding value in the document in the right pane.
- Extract data from recurring check box or check box groups, click the Column name field and then click the corresponding value in the document in the right pane.
To extract the check box value, draw an outline around the check box excluding
- For a single check box, use the Draw tool to draw over the check box or select the auto-mapped check box segment.
- For a check box group, use the Draw tool to draw over the region covering all the check boxes in that group.
For single check boxes or check box groups: Verify the extracted data
either in the Field value field in the Designer or click See Extraction
Results to see the extracted data.
For recurring check boxes or check box groups: You can only view the extracted data by clicking See Extraction Results; the extracted data is not shown in the Designer.
- Optional: To add an individual check box to a check box group, select the desired value from the Checkbox group drop-down menu.
- When you are done configuring the check boxes, click Save and close or Save and go to next group.