Using Split action
Use the Split action to split the specified string into multiple strings and store the output in a list variable.
To split a string into multiple strings, perform these steps:
- In the Actions palette, double-click or drag the Split action from the String package.
- In the Source string field, specify the source string.
In the Delimiter field, specify the character to split
For example, comma (,), semicolon (;), pipe (|), slash (/ \), newline character (\n), or space.
In the delimiter text box, the newline character is not accepted for the Enter key as a line break. In that case, you can either press F2 and select Enter - String from String section or input the $String:Enter$ variable.
In the Delimiter is field, select one of the
- Case sensitive: The delimiter is case-sensitive.
- Not case sensitive: The delimiter is not case-sensitive.
In the Split into substrings field, select one of the
- All possible: Splits the source string into as
many substrings as possible.
For example, if the original string is a,b,c,d, each character becomes a substring.
- Only: Limits the number of substrings.
For example, if the original string is a,b,c,d, and you enter 3, the output is three strings: a, b, and c,d.
- All possible: Splits the source string into as many substrings as possible.
- In the Assign the output to variable list, specify the list variable.
- Click Save.