Using Join action
Use the Join action to combine content from two table variables. This action enables you to combine content based on the shared values of a specific column in the tables and store the content into a third Table variable or one of the two source tables.
- Double-click or drag .
- Select the first Table variable to use from the Enter first data table name list.
- Enter the name of the column from the first Table variable that contains the data to join.
- Select the second Table variable to use from the Enter second data table name list.
- Enter the name of the column from the second Table variable that contains the data to join.
Select an option to specify the type of join. For more information, see Join type output examples.
- inner join: Returns only the records that have matching values in the selected columns in both tables.
- left outer join: Returns all records from the first table, and the matched records from the second table.
- right outer join: Returns all records from the second table, and the matched records from the first table.
- full outer join: Returns all records when there is a match in either left or right table.
- Select the table variable to store the combined values from the Enter name of data table in which to join list.
- In the Assign value to variable list, select a string variable.