Using Insert work item action
The Insert work item action provides you the flexibility to insert a work item to another queue as part of a bot execution.
- You must have the Queue Owner or Participant privileges to view the list of queues in the Workload package.
- Ensure that the bot is not connected to a Work item template.
Use the Insert work item to manage complex workflows by configuring a bot to add work items from multiple queues. For example, use a bot to read a list of invoices from a .csv file and add the invoices due for payment to another bot that manages information of payments due on specific dates. The automation can be used in the scenarios where work items are part of a different system (Database, Excel) and the bot reads them and adds them to a queue or where one queue adds work items to another queue as part of data chaining.
- In the Automation page, Create a bot or Edit an existing bot.
- In the Actions palette, double-click or drag the Insert Work Item action from the Workload package.
In the Workload: Insert work item window, add parameters
such as the Queue and work item values:
- Click Browse to select a queue name from the list of queues to insert as a work item.
- Click Confirm to add the queue.
Start entering work item values in the work item fields.
Note: These parameters are populated based on the work item template associated with the selected queue.You can also assign a variable value to these parameters by pressing the F2 key and selecting a variable name from the list.Tip: Use UTC format (YYYY-mm-dd 00:00:00) for Date data type.
The action is added to the bot.
Add more data using the Insert Work Item action.
After the required data is added, Save the bot and Check in the bot to the Public folder for further processing and deployment.