Using the Select File element
Use the Select File element in the form builder to enable users to attach a file to the form. For example, if the registration form requires a new user to attach a photograph, you can use this element in the form.
On the left pane, click Automation.
A list of available bots and forms is displayed.
Click an existing form or click
.The form builder page appears.
- Drag Select File into the form.
- Enter the name of the element in the Element label field.
- Optional: Enter the hint text and tooltip for the element.
Use the Acceptable file format field to add all the
supported file formats.
For example, if you want to allow users to only upload image files, enter png, jpeg, and jpg.
Choose one of the following Advance behavior
- Select the Make field required check box to ensure users must select this element during bot runtime.
- Select the Make field uneditable check box to set the element as a read-only option.
Choose one of the following options:
- Reset: Clears all the element customization and sets the default.
- Delete: Deletes the selected element.
When you click Preview during bot runtime, the system default application is used to display the selected file.
For example, if Microsoft Excel is set as the default application and you use Select file to upload a .xls spreadsheet, the selected document is displayed in Microsoft Excel when you click Preview during bot runtime.Users can click Browse to select a file or drag a file into the Select File element during bot runtime.