Configure Control Room in cluster setup with shared repository for Linux
As an RPA platform administrator, you can configure the Control Room in a cluster setup across a shared repository to achieve high availability, load balancing, and disaster recovery.
- Verify whether the prerequisites for on-premises installation are met.
- Ensure that you have the following:
- Three Linux VMs with RHEL 7.9
- One Linux VM with MS SQL 2019 connected to a database
- One load balancer with access to all the nodes
- One AWS NFS
If one of the Control Room nodes is down, the other nodes maintain continuity of service and manage the load on the server. If a specific node fails, data can be recovered from the other shared nodes on the server.
Perform the following steps to configure the Control Room in a cluster that has three nodes (N1, N2, and N3) using a shared repository.
- Set up the NFS in AWS.
Create a directory in the nodes N1, N2, and N3.
Run the following commands to grant the read and write permissions to the new
directory across all the nodes:
- sudo chown -R crkernel:controlroom /CRRepo/AutomationAnywhere
- sudo chmod -R 775 /CRRepo/AutomationAnywhere
Run the following command in all the three nodes to edit the fstab file to
mount and map the new directory with NFS.
fs-eec88e3f.efs.ap-south-1.amazonaws.com:/ /CRRepo/AutomationAnywhere nfs rw,hard,intr,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,timeo=14 0 0
To verify that the remote NFS volume is successfully mounted, reboot nodes N1,
N2, and N3, and run the df -h command.
After the share is mounted, the mount point becomes the root directory of the mounted file system.
To verify that the NFS is working across the shared repository, create a text
file in the /CRRepo/AutomationAnywhere directory of node
You can view the same file in the nodes N2 and N3 directory.
- Install Control Room in the nodes N1, N2, and N3.
- Access Control Room through the load balancer URL.
- Continue with the following steps after the Control Room
- In the Control Room repository path, enter /CRRepo/AutomationAnywhere.
- In the URL field, enter the load balancer server URL.
- Complete steps required to create an admin user.
- Verify the Control Room on all the three nodes by navigating to the .