Using Capture image by URL action
Use the Capture image by url action to extract text from an online image. You can filter the extracted text and assign it to a string variable.
Follow these steps to use the Capture image by url action:
- In the Actions palette, double-click or drag the Capture image by url action from the OCR package.
In the Image url field, specify the URL.
Note: A URL of an image on a shared drive or an FTP server is not supported.
Select the Filter the captured text check box to filter the
Specify the text to filter out in the Before and After fields. For example, if the extracted text is Name: ABC Inc. Location:, to retrieve ABC Inc., you must specify Location: in the Before field and Name: in the After field.
- Select the Trim the captured text check box to trim the extra spaces.
Select the Load Profile check box and select an option to
load the locale based on the ABBYY profile:
Note: ABBYY FineReader 188.8.131.52 is installed along with A2019 and does not require any additional setup.
- Control Room file: Uses a file that is available on the Control Room.
- Desktop file: Uses a file that is available on a device.
- Variable: Uses a file variable to specify the file location.
In the Select locale list, select the language of the
Note: Currently, only English and Japanese locales are supported. If you have selected an option from the Select locale list and the Load Profile option, the system considers the locale based on the Load Profile selection.
- In the Assign value to variable list, select a string variable.
- Click Save.