Installing IQ Bot in Cluster mode
Install IQ Bot in Cluster mode for improved throughput.
Ensure you have a load balancer for a cluster setup to distribute traffic to all application server nodes.
IQ Bot supports clustering of up to five IQ Bot installations.
Install IQ Bot on each machine in custom mode.
- During installation, on the Load Balancer Configuration screen, type in the load balancer host name and port.
- Select the Load Balancer can handle SSL Offloading option, if the load balancer supports is to enable SSL offloading.
- Provide the shared output path on the Destination Folder screen.
- During installation, use the same database server details on all the nodes.
- Share the output folder with the access role Everyone.
- Use Command Prompt to link each machines containing an IQ Bot installation to the primary cluster.
- Optional: If you have set up Control Room in High Availability mode, you can set up IQ Bot in High Availability mode as well.
- Configure the firewall to have ports 4369 and 25672 open.
For each machine containing an IQ Bot installation, verify that
IQ Bot is installed, ensure the IQ Bot
services are running using the healthcheck APIs, and register IQ Bot with Control Room.
When you register each installation of IQ Bot, in the URL field, enter the URL to the load balancer.
- Get the host name of the primary node.Note: The primary node is the node where IQ Bot was first installed.
- Using administrator permissions, open the command prompt.
- Navigate to the <installation Directory\Configurations> folder.
- Run messagequeue_cluster_configuration.bat and pass the
host name of the primary
C:\Program Files (x86)\Automation Anywhere IQ Bot <version number>\Configurations> messagequeue_cluster_configuration.bat Server1