Using the Password element
Use the Password element in the form builder if the form must have a confidential or masked field. This element uses the masking feature by default and Credential Vault encryption to transfer data during bot runtime.
On the left pane, click Automation.
A list of available bots and forms is displayed.
Click an existing form or click
.The form builder page appears.
- Drag Password to the form.
- Enter the name of the element in the Element label field.
Use the Formatting field for additional options:
- Set the character limit for password using the Min and Max fields.
- Enable additional security options for the password.
- Click the Add regular expression option and enter a custom password in the Regular expression field.
- Optional: Enter the same custom password in the Test Content field, and click Test regular expression to verify it works correctly.
- Optional: Enter the hint text and tooltip.
Enable any of the following Advance behavior
- Select the Make field required check box to ensure users select this element during bot runtime.
- Select the Make field uneditable check box to make the element a read-only option.
Click one of the following options:
- Reset: Clears all the element customization and sets the default.
- Delete: Deletes the selected element.
Note: Use the view icon in the Password field to review the password during bot runtime.