Using the Get cell/text color action
Use the Get cell/text color action to get the color of the background or text in a cell. This action retrieves the color of a cell as RGB values. For example, if the background or text in a cell is of red color, the value retrieved is 255,0,0.
- Double-click or drag the Get cell/text color action.
- Enter the name of the session used to open the workbook with the Open action.
- Select the Active cell option to get the color from the current active cell or the Specific cell option to get the color from the address of the cell you have specified.
- Select the Cell color option to get the background color of the cell, the Text color option to get the color of the text, or both.
- Specify whether to retrieve the cell color by name or as an RGB value.
- Select a variable from the Assign the output to variable list to assign the cell/text color to a List variable.
If both cell and text colors are retrieved, the List variable contains the cell color at index 0 and text color at index 1.