Using the Decrypt document action
Use the Decrypt document action to decrypt a PDF file that is encrypted using the Encrypt document action.
To decrypt an encrypted PDF file, follow these steps:
- In the Actions palette, double-click or drag the Decrypt document action from the PDF package.
In the PDF path, select one of the following options to
specify the location of the PDF:
- Control Room file: Enables you to select a PDF file that is available in a folder in the Control Room.
- Desktop profile: Enables you to select a PDF file that is available on your device.
- Variable: Enables you to specify the file variable that contains the location of the PDF file.
- Optional: In the User/Owner password field, enter a password to restrict access to the decrypted PDF file.
In the Save the decrypted PDF file as field, specify a
name and location for the decrypted file.
You must include the .pdf extension in the name of the decrypted file. For example, if the file name is June_Quarter_report, the .pdf extension is June_Quarter_report.pdf.
Select the Overwrite files with the same name check box
to overwrite existing files with the same name.
Note: If this option is not selected and the bot encounters a file with the same name at the specified location, the bot will fail.
From the Assign PDF properties to a dictionary variable
list, select a dictionary variable to hold the file properties.
For more information, see Using a dictionary variable for PDF properties.
- Click Save.