Using the Extract image action
Use the Using Extract image action to save a PDF file as an image.
To save a PDF file as an image, follow these steps:
- In the Actions palette, double-click or drag the Extract image action from the PDF package.
In the PDF path, select one of the following options to
specify the location of the PDF:
- Control Room file: Enables you to select a PDF file that is available in a folder in the Control Room.
- Desktop profile: Enables you to select a PDF file that is available on your device.
- Variable: Enables you to specify the file variable that contains the location of the PDF file.
In the User password or Owner
password field, enter a password to restrict access to the
encrypted PDF file.
- User password: Allow users to perform specific operations on the encrypted PDF file.
- Owner password: Allow users to use a password to open the file.
In the Page range field, select one of the following
- All pages: Enables you to save all the pages in the PDF file as an image.
- Pages: Enables you to enter the page numbers of the pages that you want to save as an image.
In the Type of image to be converted to list, select one
of the following options to specify the format:
- TIFF: If you selected this option, select an
option from the TIFF compression type list.
- CCITT Group 3
- CCITT Group 4
- JPEG: If you selected this option, in the JPEG quality field, enter a value (between 0 and 100) to specify the quality of the compressed image.
- TIFF: If you selected this option, select an option from the TIFF compression type list.
- In the Folder path field, specify the location.
In the File prefix field, enter a value.
The image files are suffixed with index numbers. For example, if you have specified Report as the File prefix, the name of the image files will be Report_1, Report_2, and so on.
Select the Overwrite files with the same name check box
to overwrite existing files with the same name.
Note: If this option is not selected and the bot encounters a file with the same name at the specified location, the bot will fail.
- In the X Resolution (dpi) and Y Resolution (dpi) fields, specify the resolution.
In the Image output field, choose
Color or Grayscale to specify
the image output type:
In the Color property list, select an
- True color (32 bits)
- True color (24 bits)
- High color (16 bits)
- 56 color (8 bits)
- 16 color (4 bits)
- 2 color (1 bit, black/white)Note: This option is available only with the Color image output type. Select this option only if RLE, CCITT Group 3, or CCITT Group 4 compression type is selected for the TIFF image format.
- In the Color property list, select an option.
From the Assign PDF properties to a dictionary variable
list, select a dictionary variable to hold the file properties.
For more information, see Using a dictionary variable for PDF properties.
- Click Save.