Using Log To File action
Using the Log To File action, you can create a log file with data about the events that occur when a TaskBot runs.
Follow these steps to log text into a file:
- In the Actions palette, double-click or drag the Log To File action from the Log To File package.
- In the File path field, specify the file location or variable.
- In the Enter text to log field, enter the text to log in the file.
- Select the Append timestamp check box to add a time stamp.
- In the When logging field, choose Append to existing file to append the log file or Overwrite existing log file to overwrite the content in the log file.
Select the Encoding type.
Note: Shift-JIS files must use ANSI as encoding to read text file content.If you selected the Append to existing file option in Step 5, ensure that the selected encoding type matches that of the original file, otherwise some of the characters might not be logged.
- ANSI: Used to encode Latin alphabet.
- UTF8: Can encode all possible characters.
- UTF-16LE: Inserts a byte order mark (BOM) Unicode character at the beginning of the file.
- Click Save.