Create a learning instance
Create a learning instance and upload sample documents for training. In this step, you specify the document type, primary language, which fields to extract, OCR engine, and whether to extract data from check boxes.
For documents with little to no variation in the layout, we recommend creating a learning instance using standard forms. See Create a learning instance by using standard forms.
- Click the New instance option.
In the Create new learning instance screen, enter the
Instance name: Enter a unique name.
IQ Bot does not allow duplicate learning instance names. Even if you delete a learning instance, the name cannot be reused.
- Optional: Description: Enter a description.
Document type: Select the domain from the
Based on the domain selected, a predefined set of form and table fields for the domain type appears. For example, when you select Invoices, the common forms and tables of an invoice appear.Note: If you want to create a domain to use specifically for this learning instance, select and enter a domain name. In the upcoming steps, you will customize the domain.
If you want to create a domain to use in more than one learning instance and you have the required access permissions, you can create a custom domain. See Custom Domain in IQ Bot for more information.
Primary language of documents: Use the drop-down
menu to select a language for the learning instance.
To create custom domains in other languages and access up to 190 languages that IQ Bot supports, contact Automation Anywhere support.Trouble: If you are unable to see all languages in the IQ Bot interface, troubleshoot the issue: Unable to extract data from Multiple languages in a document (A-People login required)
Upload your documents: Click the
Browse option to upload sample
- Use documents with a resolution value of at least 300 dots per inch (dpi).
- You can upload a maximum of 12 MB file size. You can upload additional documents after creating the learning instance.
- The file names of the documents that you upload should not start with special characters, such as the hyphen (-).
- Instance name: Enter a unique name.
- Select or de-select fields in the Common form fields and Common table fields sections.
To add additional fields, enter the field name in the Other fields
(Optional) section, and click the Add as form/Add as
Follow the naming conventions when you enter a name in the Other fields (Optional) field:
- Field names can only begin with alphabetical characters (A-Z and a-z).
- Field names can only include alphanumeric characters and spaces.
- Field Name cannot end with a space.
- Optical Character Recognition: Select the required OCR engine.
De-select the My PDF documents do not have images check
When this check box is selected, IQ Bot uses PDFBox OCR to process PDF documents; non-PDF documents are processed by the OCR you selected in the previous step.
Checkbox auto-detection: Select the Detect
checkboxes check box to enable this feature.
Selecting this option allows IQ Bot to automatically detect check boxes in a document. However, it might increase the processing time of documents.
Click the Create instance and analyze option to create
the learning instance.
The system analyzes and sorts the training documents into logical groups based on field identification and shows the details in thetab.