Run IQ Bot On-Premises database migration script
IQ Bot On-Premises Builds 1089, 1598, and 2079 included five databases. Starting with IQ Bot On-Premises Build 2545, one unified database is supported. You have to run a migration script to migrate the databases of Builds 1089, 1598, 2079 to the latest build.
Before you run the migration script, you must be on the latest IQ Bot On-Premises build, and verify that the SQL command utility SQLCMD.exe is installed on your system.
Also, verify and ensure Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server is installed on the IQ Bot server. This can be obtained from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56567
- Uninstall the current build of IQ Bot On-Premises.
- Install the latest IQ Bot
During installation, a new IQ Bot database is created.Note: Remember your database username and password in order to the update migration script value.
- Navigate to your Binn folder.
This might be located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\170\Tools\Binn.
- Verify that SQLCMD.exe is installed.If SQLCMD.exe is not installed, follow these steps:
- Download and extract the Data Migration.zip from the Installation Setup folder onto the IQ Bot server.
- Navigate to .
- Run MsSqlCmdLnUtils.msi to install SQLCMD.exe.
After SQLCMD.exe is installed, run the migration script.
- Access the AA.IQBot_Database_Migration.bat file within the DataMigration folder.
- Edit the AA.IQBot_Database_Migration.bat file.
Update the values as follows:
SQLCMDvalue to the path of your Binn.
SQLCMD="C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\170\Tools\Binn\SQLCMD.exe"
LOGINvalue to your database username.
LOGIN="database username"Note: The bulkadmin, dbcreator, and public roles are required to run the migration script.
PASSWORDvalue to your database password.
SERVERvalue to the path of your database server hostname.
SERVER="path of database server hostname"
- Set the
Run the migration script AA_IQBot_Database_Migration.bat
file with administrator privilege.
After the migration is complete, an output is created. Verify C:\Datamigrationlog.txt for log history and errors.Note: If an output is not displayed, contact support.