Manually update the Bot agent
The Bot agent, a lightweight application that enables you to run bots on your device, requires an update when a new version becomes available.
- To install the Bot agent, the Windows installer policy must be enabled for the user device.
- The read, write, and execute permissions must be enabled for the Bot agent folders on the user device.
The Bot agent version available for download is the latest and compatible with the Control Room version that is used.
- Log in to the Control Room through your Automation Anywhere URL.
Navigate to Manage.
On the Devices page, the device status indicates whether the Bot agent requires an update. The arrow color on the device icon indicates the status:
- Red—update required
- Blue—update available, but not required
- Green—current version, no update required
Alternatively, for your local device only, if the status icon indicates an update, click the device icon in the header.
- From the device icon, click Add local bot agent.
- Click Connect to my computer.
Click the Manually download the latest version
This option appears only if you have an existing Bot agent installed.
- When the AutomationAnywhereBotAgent.exe is downloaded, click Next.
Watch the following video on how to update the Bot agent in Automation 360:
If you see the following message displayed: Device is disconnected or needs upgrade!, see Error: Device is disconnected or needs upgrade (A-People login required)