Add an interface trigger
Use interface triggers to start a bot when a predefined action occurs on a specific interface element, such as clicking a button or closing an application.
On the left pane, click Automation.
A list of available bots and forms is displayed.
- Click .
Enter a name for the bot.
All the bots are stored in the \Bots folder. Click Browse to change the folder.
- Click Create & edit.
- In the bot builder page, click .
Drag Object into Drag a trigger
The Interface trigger: Object editing panel appears.
- In Window detail tab, click Application.
Click the drop-down menu and select Taskbar under
If Microsoft Word is not displayed in the list, you can use the Refresh option to reload the list of applications.
Click Capture object.
This initiates a built-in web recorder that captures the action. In this scenario, Microsoft Word is displayed. Click New, which is then set as the trigger to start the bot.
Click the Select main event drop-down menu to choose a
In this scenario, New in Microsoft Word is considered a button and the following events are available:
- Click: Triggers the bot when the user clicks the selected main event object.
- Click with hotkey: Use one of the available key modifiers and select a key (alphabetical letters) from the drop-down menu. This combination is set as the hot key to trigger the bot.
- Optional: Select one of the available Control keys (Shift, Alt, Ctrl, Windows and AltGr) as an additional combination for the hot key to trigger the bot.
- Click Save.
.The preset trigger is created, and the bot is triggered when the user clicks New in Microsoft Word.