Record a task with AISense Recorder
Use the AISense Recorder to record an end-to-end task on a remote application or an application with a complex user interface (UI).
- If you are automating a task using a browser, ensure that auto-fill is disabled for that browser.
- The screen resolution must be set to 1980x1080 or lower.
- Configure the device display settings to 100% DPI.
- If you are using Automation 360 On-Premises, ensure that the AISense Recorder package is added to your Control Room.
AISense Recorder can capture the following objects from an application: text boxes, buttons, radio buttons, combo boxes, check boxes, active and passive text, image button, scroll, and combo box.
Keep the following considerations in mind when recording a task:
- Record the task at low speed.
- Avoid dragging windows during the recording process.
- Avoid clicking applications that are not part of the process you are recording to automate.
To record a task using the AISense Recorder, follow these steps:
- From Automation Anywhere web interface left panel, click Automation.
- Create a new bot or open an existing bot for which you want to record a task.
Click Start recording.
Note: In versions 2.0.9-20201105-164103 and later, the Recorder package contains both the Universal Recorder and AISense Recorder.The Automation Anywhere Recorder window appears.
Select a window from the drop-down list.
If you opened an application recently and it is not available in the list, click the Refresh icon.
Click AISense Recorder.
The first time you use the AISense Recorder on a device, the Recorder downloads the required dependencies.The Recorder toolbar appears with Finish, Scan, Define, and Pause options.
The Recorder analyzes the application window you selected to identify the UI objects in that window. The options on the toolbar are disabled when the system is analyzing the application window. After the analysis, the options are enabled and you can start recording the task.
Perform the actions to record. For example, click buttons, fill
in forms, or select an option.
To perform an action on an object, move the mouse pointer on that object. The system highlights an object along with the text associated with that object. For example, when you move the mouse pointer over a button or check box, the associated text with that button or check box is also highlighted and captured.
The Recorder window contains the number of operations recorded and a description of the most recently captured object. For example, 5. Left click on button 'Submit'.To redo the previous object capture, click the Delete icon at the bottom right of the Recorder window to discard the most recent capture.If Secure recording mode is enabled, a shield icon appears to the right of the red recording icon.
- If the object is not highlighted, click the Scan option on the recording toolbar. After the system finishes analyzing the application window, you can capture the required object.
- If you want to capture an option from a list, click the list and wait until the highlight appears around the box containing the options. After the box is highlighted, move the mouse pointer over the option you want to capture and wait until the option is highlighted.
- If you use scroll on an application window, you must click Scan to analyze the new objects on the window.
- If you want to record an interaction with an object that is only visible when you hover the mouse over the object, see Detect hidden objects manually
Click Finish after you finish capturing all the
A Capture action is generated for each operation.Where applicable, the Recorder generates variables. Your variables (user-defined)
- Edit the actions or click Save.