Using the Encrypt files action
Use the Encrypt files action to prepare files and folders to be shared securely.
To encrypt the files or folder using a public key, create a public-private key pair using the Create keys action.
To encrypt a file or folder, do the following steps:
- Double-click or drag the Encrypt action from the PGP package.
Select either the Passphrase or Public key
file encryption type.
- If you have selected Passphrase, enter the value or select a credential variable.
- If you have selected Public key file, provide the public key file path.
Select the Encryption algorithm.
In the Source folder/file(s) field, specify the folders
or files to encrypt.
This field supports wildcard characters in the file name and extension. Use an asterisk (*) to substitute for one or more unknown alphanumeric characters or symbols.For example:
- Enter C:\PGP\encrypt*.csv to select the .csv files that start with the word encrypt.
- Enter C:\PGP\*encrypt*.* to select files of any extension that contain the word encrypt.
In the Destination folder/file(s) field, specify the
location where to save the encrypted folders and files.
This field supports wildcard characters in the file name and extension. Use an asterisk (*) to substitute for one or more unknown alphanumeric characters or symbols.
- Enter a value to append to the extension of the destination file.
- Select the Overwrite Files check box to replace files with the same name.
Select the Compression type.
- Select the Armor data (text output) check box to enable ASCII Armor output.
- Click Save.