Configure Tableau web data connector in Bot Insight
The web data connector in Tableau enables you to establish a secure connection with Automation 360 and to extract, visualize, and analyze data from Bot Insight.
- Ensure that your user name is registered in the Control Room and that you have Bot Insight Admin or the AAE_Admin role assigned to you.
- Ensure you have access to the desktop or public version of Tableau software.
The Web data connector in Tableau enables you to perform the following functions in Tableau:
- Authenticate and connect to the Control Room.
- Connect to Bot Insight APIs for business and operational information.
- Use business and operational information to create a data model.
- Create charts or graphs to represent the data.
- Create reports and share them with other users on Tableau.
- Open Tableau.
- Select Web Data connector from the Connect option in Data tab.
- In the Web Data Connector window, enter your Automation Anywhere URL in web data connector field: <control room url>/tableau/Login.html
In the Automation Anywhere - Login window, enter the
- In the Control Room Version drop-down menu, select the version of the Control Room.
- In the Control Room URL field, enter the URL or the host name of the Control Room.
- In User Name and Password field, enter your Bot Insight user name and password.
- Click Submit to connect to Bot Insight APIs.
Select either Business Information or
Operational Information in the Bot Insight window.
If you are an AAE_Admin, you can choose between Audit APIs and Operations APIs.
Click Get Data.
Bot Insight API retrieves information from the server.
Click Update Now to gather all the data from Bot Insight in Tableau.
You can use the retrieved data from Bot Insight for data visualizations and analysis in Tableau.