Use actions to build an automation workflow and to instruct a bot what to do. In Enterprise A2019, the available actions are located in the Actions palette in the Bot editor.
Actions, packages, and dependencies
Actions are grouped into packages. For example, the Excel advanced
package contains Excel-related actions, such as
Open workbook, Go to cell, and
Delete cell, that you can insert in to the Bot editor to automate a spreadsheet process.
Learn more about managing packages in Managing packages. Developers can learn more about creating
packages in Package Software Development Kit (SDK).
After an action from a package is used in a bot, that package becomes a dependent file of that bot. Learn more about managing bots and package dependencies in Bot dependencies.
Working with actions
Actions in the Bot editor are configurable. Double-click the action to see the fields and features that you can configure.
Double-click or drag an action to insert it into the automation
Mouse over the vertical ellipsis at the top right of an action icon to
access the following features:
- Copy action
- Duplicate the action.
- Cut action
- Copy the action and remove it from the bot
- Paste after action
- Paste the copied action below the selected action.
Note: This option only appears when there is an action in the
- Delete action
- Remove the action from the bot code.
- Disable action
- At run time, bot ignores the action until you
- Enable breakpoint
- Pauses the bot for debugging purposes.
- Debugger features
You can edit multiple actions at a time, using the toolbar at the top
of the Bot editor.
- Copy items
- Copy actions to a clipboard so they can be duplicated within
- Cut items
- Copy the actions and remove them from the bot
- Paste items
- Paste one or more actions after the highlighted action. If you have not highlighted an action,
the actions are appended to the end of the automation
Note: This icon is only enabled when there are actions in the clipboard.
- Copy to shared clipboard
- Copy actions, triggers, and metadata to a clipboard that is
shared between bots.
- Paste from shared clipboard
- Paste actions, triggers, and metadata from another bot.
Note: This icon is only enabled when there are actions in the shared clipboard.