Configure IP cluster
Continue from the Control Room installer to the Cluster Configuration wizard page to configure resiliency requirements for the Control Room. Provide only one IP address to configure the Control Room on a single node. Provide multiple (three or more) IP addresses to configure the Control Room for high availability cluster.
To install the Control Room in cluster mode:
- Ensure you have configured the default/custom and configurable firewall, port, and protocol requirements for Automation 360 deployment.
- Ensure the network location (UNC) path is configured to access the repository
files from all Control Room nodes in the
You can configure Network Attached Storage (NAS) file sharing using Server Message Block (SMB) protocol.
- Ensure that all nodes that will be configured for the IP cluster are available for configuration before the installation. Also, provide the same list of IP addresses in the same order in all the nodes that are of the cluster when you install Control Room in these nodes.
- Ensure the existing cluster is in yellow or green state and all ports on the new node are open before adding a new node.
- Ensure to sign all the PowerShell files if the machine on which you are
installing Automation 360 has MachinePolicy as AllSigned or
UnRestricted. To view the MachinePolicy on your machine, run the following
command in PowerShell:
Get-ExecutionPolicy -ListYou can find the following PowerShell files in the temp folder:
Select the Enable Cluster Setup check
- To install the Control Room on a single node and not a cluster, clear the Enable Cluster Setup check box.
- The check box is enabled by default if the machine on which the setup is being run has local IP addresses configured.
- The check box is not available for selection if your MachinePolicy is set to AllSigned or UnRestricted and the PowerShell files are not signed.
- If the nodes in your network use IPv6 address, select the IPv6 check box.
Enter the IP addresses of the nodes in the cluster.
Use a comma (,) to specify more than one IP address.
For example, to specify three IP addresses in the cluster, enter: 192.0.2.1,192.0.2.2,192.0.2.3Important: The first IP address in the list is used as the master node. Ensure that you enter the IP addresses in the same order on all node configurations in subsequent installations. An incorrect order causes the application to configure the IP addresses as separate clusters, which will result in data loss when the issue is fixed after installation.You can install multiple nodes at the same time after the master node is initially installed.After installation, you can add a new IP address to the cluster at the end of the list. However, you cannot change the IP address version (for example from IPv4 to IPv6).
- After you enter the cluster IP addresses correctly, select a valid address IP at the message prompt to provide network access to the machine.
- Use a comma (,) to specify more than one IP address.
Select a private IP address from the Local IP Address
If multiple local IP addresses are configured on the machine, select the IP address on which the Control Room is installed because it will be used by other nodes to access the Control Room.
Click Next to complete the Control Room
Optionally see the Setup installation summary page.