Working with the Bot agent
Users can perform tasks based on their access privileges after installing the Bot agent on their device.
Install and update the Bot agent
To install and update the Bot agent, you must perform these tasks:
- If you are using the Bot agent application for the first time, verify all prerequisites to install the Bot agent are complete.
- Install the Bot agent on your device.
Connect the Bot agent to your device using an authentication proxy to ensure changed proxy setting or credentials are updated so that bots can be deployed on your device.
- Set device credentials to enable the Control Room to deploy bots on your device.
- Switch to a different Control Room based on your automation requirements.
- When updates are available, you can update the Bot agent to
the latest version.
Depending on the settings for the Bot agent, you can either automatically update or manually update your Bot agent.
- Verify the Bot agent version and device connection in the Control Room > Devices page.
- Use the Bot agent diagnostic utility to perform diagnostic checks on Bot Runner devices and to help in resolution of Bot agent connectivity challenges.
- Use the Bot agent relevant logs to resolve issues.
- View the Bot agent performance data for analysis.
- Create and edit TaskBots
- Deploy bots on attended and unattended Bot Runners with or without Workload automation.
- Manage different bots and packages using Bot Store, Bot Insight, and IQ Bot.
- Perform other activities such as updating user profile.