Automation 360 IQ Bot
Automate document-centric business processes, end to end, by using IQ Bot, a web-based, Cloud-native intelligent document processing solution that can read and process complex documents and email. This solution combines RPA with AI techniques to extract and classify semi-structured and unstructured data.
Automation 360 IQ Bot is a hybrid solution for On-Premises and Cloud deployments.
The technologies of IQ Bot and RPA together constitute cognitive automation. With cognitive automation, IQ Bot extracts semi-structured and unstructured data and converts it into structured data, and RPA bots subsequently use this structured data for automating business processes.
IQ Bot works by using learning instances. A learning instance is a structure that holds information such as document type, language, and fields to be extracted from tables and forms. A learning instance also includes bots that are trained to extract data from documents.
IQ Bot is also supported by RPA bots that are built for functions such as training the Classifier, sharpening document resolution, and downloading the extracted data.
- Retrieves documents from a source, such as attachments in incoming email
- Improves document quality
- Classifies documents into groups
- Extracts data
- Either downloads the extracted data or first sends the document for manual validation and then downloads the data
Types of IQ Bot users
In many organizations, different types of users perform specific tasks within their product area to create, configure, and publish a learning instance and the supporting assets. To learn more about the user types, required licenses, roles, and permissions, and the assigned product areas, see IQ Bot user personas.
The following diagram demonstrates the sequence of how a learning instance and supporting assets are built, as well as which user performs which task.
Get started with learning instances
Build RPA bots for IQ Bot
The following links guide you in configuring RPA bots to support IQ Bot functions.
- Upload multiple files with IQ Bot using Loop action
- Use the IQ Bot Classifier package to improve classification and prevent invalid documents from being uploaded to a learning instance.
- Use the IQ Bot Pre-processor package to prepare documents and extract data before processing.
- After sending a learning instance to production, configure a bot with the Process documents action from the IQ Bot Extraction package: IQ Bot Extraction package
- Download extracted data
For more information, review the courses in the IQ Bot Developer learning trail: IQ Bot Developer Training (A-People login required).
- Intelligent Document Processing with IQ Bot
- Unleash Your Intelligent Bots: Develop Cognitive Bots Driven by AI & Machine Learning (IQ Bot)