Switch Bot agent to a different Control Room
Switch the Bot agent on a registered device to work with a different Control Room manually when you work on automations using different environments.
Ensure that you have the start, stop, and pause permissions to access and edit the Windows services.
- When the Control Room is on a different release version.
- When the setting to switch devices is not enabled in the Control Room.
- Stop the Bot agent service from the local Windows Task Manager.
- Navigate to the following folder: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\AutomationAnywhere
Delete the registration.properties file.
Note: This is only required if you want to register the device in a different Control Room environment. To view the Control Room where the device is registered, open the Registration.properties file and check the value for the Control Room URL.
Delete all .db files.
For example, AA-DB.mv.db file.
- Log in to the Control Room.
- Navigate to .
- Click the Add local device icon.
- Download and install the latest Bot agent.
Return to the Devices page in the Control Room from the updated device to check the device
The registration.properties file is not generated immediately after the Bot agent installation. It is generated only when a user accesses a Control Room URL from that device. If the device registration is successful, the machine is shown as Connected and the registration.properties file is created at the specified location on the Bot Runner machine.
Navigate to the
folder to ensure that the registration.properties file is
present and verify the Bot agent
Watch the following video on how to update your Bot agent: