Using external key vaults
The Automation 360 platform provides for integration with 3rd Party Key Vault technologies including: CyberArk, AWS Secrets Manager, and Azure Key Vault.
Third-party party key vault integration
When you configure integration with a third-party key vault, this is referred to as an external key vault.
Automation 360 uses credentials to support business services including database connections, Active Directory Integration, and Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) operations and all can be configured to retrieve the necessary authentication from the integrated external key vault. Only encrypted credentials travel from the Control Room to the Database server and are stored in the external vault.
Additionally, Auto-login credentials and credentials used by RPA (Bots) can be configured for retrieval from the integrated key vault.
- Any necessary database and user credentials.
- Any necessary credential requirements for the external key vault such as secret keys, application IDs. See the specific requirements for your external key vault on the External Key Vault integration configure page.
Consider these additional topics for more information on external key vaults:
- Configure external key vault integration
- Necessary configuration steps and prerequisites for setting up an external key vault.
- Edit external key vault configuration
- Editing a preexisting Control Room configuration.
- Utility for key vault and database authentication configuration
- More information on installation support for third-party key vaults.