Configure Power BI connector
Configure the data connector in Power BI to retrieve information from the Bot Insight API to enable data analytics.
Ensure that your user name is registered in the Control Room and that
you have the
Bot Insight Admin,
AAE_Admin, or the
Bot Insight COE
Admin role assigned to you.
- Log in to the Power BI.
Click Get Data.
The list of all the Power BI certified connectors appears.
For information about how to access non-certified custom connectors, see Connector extensibility in Power BI.
- Select Automation Anywhere and click Connect.
In the Automation Anywhere - Login window, enter the
- In the Control Room Version drop-down menu, select the version of the Control Room.
- In the Control Room Host field, enter the IP address or the host name of the Control Room server.
- In the Bot Insight Host field, enter the IP address or host name of the Bot Insight server.
- Click OK.
In the Automation Anywhere Login window, enter your Bot Insight user name and password.
To provide the credentials for Active Directory authentication, you must enter the domain name delimited by a double backslash (\\) along with the user name in the User name field. For example: domain name\\user name.
The Bot Insight APIs are authenticated and the authorization tokens are generated. The Bot Insight APIs are loaded dynamically from Swagger, along with the applicable request parameters.
- Select the required Bot Insight API from the Navigator menu and enter the information in the respective fields.
The API retrieves specific information from the server.
To learn how to retrieve information from Bot Insight APIs in Power BI, see Bot Insight API.
- Click Transform Data to convert the structured JSON response to a visual data model.