Configure database type and server
Continue from the Control Room installer to the Database type wizard page. Use this page to configure the Microsoft SQL Server database for use with the Control Room.
This procedure applies only to Microsoft Windows Server based installations.
Select the Microsoft SQL Server database.
An instance of the SQL Server should be already configured.
The Database Server page is displayed (if you selected SQL Server for configuring your database).
Set the connection and authentication for the database server.
- If possible, do not set the value for Database Server as localhost. If you must use localhost, note that the Secure Connection to the database will not work.
- Click Browse to select the SQL Server instance where the Control Room database will be created. Alternatively, enter a database server name or select one from the list.
Migration task: If you are migrating from Enterprise 11 to Automation 360, browse to the restored Enterprise 11 database.Provide the following details:
- Database Port: Use the default port (1433) or specify a custom value.
Use Secure Connection: Select to use a CA
certificate as specified.
Note: Use the same host name for certificate and database connections.
- Certificate: This option is enabled when you select Use Secure Connection.Browse to select a CA certificate.
Select one of the following for database authentication:
Use only supported characters for the user name and password. See Supported special characters. Do not use semicolons ( ; ) in the database password.
- Windows authentication: This option is
selected by default and allows connection to the SQL Server using Windows
authentication.Note: If you select Windows authentication, then the user running the installer is used to test that the database exists, create it if required, and grant
db_ownerto the service account user (NT Authority/System).
- SQL Server authentication: (manually
enter credential) Select this option to use SQL Server authentication to
connect to the database. Provide the correct user name and
password for SQL authentication.
- Enter username.
- Enter password.
- AD Azure authentication: Select this option to use Microsoft Azure Active Directory credentials to connect to the database when you install the Control Room on Microsoft Azure.
- Windows authentication: This option is selected by default and allows connection to the SQL Server using Windows authentication.
Name of Control Room database: Enter the name of
the Control Room database.
Migration task: If you are migrating from Enterprise 11 to Automation 360, enter the name of the restored database in the database field as shown in the following image:
- Click Next to provide the Elasticsearch credentials.