Run bot with queue
Collectively process all work items of a queue across all the Bot Runners present in one or more device pools.
To run a bot with queue, ensure you are allocated a combination of any or all of the following roles and permissions:
- You can run bots only on unattended Bot Runners. You cannot run bots on attended Bot Runners from the Control Room.
- The bots have to be checked in to the public folder in order for the bots to qualify to be run with queue.
- Only those queues associated with the work item template of the bot are available for selection for which you are the queue consumer.
- Work item sorting is done on the batch added to the queue. For example, if you add 2 batches of work items a, c, b and a, c, b to be sorted by name, the work items will be processed for queuing as a, b, c and a, b, c.
- If you use the same device pool for inserting and processing work items for the same queue, you will see duplicate entries in the In-progress activity and Historical page. To resolve this issue, use one device pool to insert work items and a different device pool to process work items in a queue.
Use the Run a bot with queue option from any of the following pages:
Select the bot to run with queue.
Available bots are displayed along with any Input values and dependencies. If the production label option is selected for the parent bot, the corresponding dependent bots with the production label are also automatically selected. If any of the dependent bots do not have the production label applied, the latest version of the bot is selected.
- Latest version: Click Latest version tab to select the latest version of the bot.
- Labeled version: Click Production version tab to select the labeled version of the bot.
- Optional: Select Run with administrative privileges if the bot has actions that require administrative privileges to run.
- Select a queue with which to run the bot.
Select the Bot Runner user from the Available bot
To enable a device, it must be connected to the Control Room.Note: If a device does not appear in the list, ensure the user running the bots is assigned a role that provides access to the appropriate Run-As Users.
- Optional: Select the option to run on bot running devices.
Select Device pools.
Select the pool from the list of available device pools.
Click the up or down arrow to set the selected device pools in preferred
When a bot is deployed, the Control Room selects the first available device based on the order in which you organized the device pools. If none of the devices are available at the time of deployment, the bot is queued.
Select the Automation priority from the
Set the priority to high, medium, or low based on your requirements for resource optimization. The default permission is set to medium.
- Click Run bot with queue.