App Integration package
Extract text from a window and save it to a string variable by using the actions in the App Integration package.
The App Integration package supports the following technologies:
- UNIX shells, such as Cygwin, PowerShell, and GIT shell
- Windows applications, such as Calculator, Command Prompt, and Notepad
- Java applications that are based on the Standard Widget Toolkit and Abstract Window Toolkit, which can draw text using Windows text-drawing APIs
Building bots with actions from the App Integration package
- Open the application or file from which you want to capture the text using the action.
- Extract the text using one of the actions from the App Integration package.
- Use any of the following actions from the String
package to manipulate the captured text:
- Extract text: Extracts text from the source string using logical operators.
- Split: Splits the string into multiple strings and stores the output in a list variable.
- Trim: Trims blanks and white spaces from a string.
Actions in the App Integration package
The App Integration package includes the following actions:
|Capture area||Extracts text from within the captured area of a window and saves
it to a string variable.
|Capture scrollable text||Captures scrollable text from the specified window.
Note: The PowerBuilder application is currently not supported.
|Capture text of window||Extracts all the text from a window and saves it to a string variable.