Get started building bots
Use the following three examples to become familiar with building bots using in the cloud-based Bot editor. These examples demonstrate using actions and the Universal Recorder to automate tasks in applications and browsers.
- Build a Go be Great bot
- Build a basic bot using a Message Box action and a variable. Follow these steps to create your first bot that prints the message, Go be great!, the Automation Anywhere version of Hello World!
- Build a basic bot that uses a desktop application
- Build a bot that uses a conditional statement to verify that the calculator is open, then uses the calculator to multiply two numbers. This example uses actions from the Application, If, Simulate keystrokes, Message Box, and Window packages.
- Example of extracting data from a web table
- Build a bot to open a browser window to the Wikipedia website, extract the data from a table, and write it to a CSV file on your desktop. This example uses actions from the Browser, Data Table, Recorder, and Window packages.
For more examples, see Examples of building bots.
- To learn more, search for the Hello Automation 360 Bot: Getting Started with Building Bots course in Automation Anywhere University: RPA Training and Certification (A-People login required).
- You can also visit the Learn section of the developer portal for more guidance. Find learning journeys and videos for both new and experienced developers on how to build your first bots.