Installing the Citrix required components on local machines
Install the Automation Anywhere components to enable you to use bots on Citrix Virtual Apps servers. Two components are installed: Bot agent and Automation Anywhere plug-in for Citrix.
- Log in to your local machine.
Install Citrix Receiver.
This Citrix component is required to communicate from a local machine to a Citrix virtual application server.
To install the Citrix Receiver, see the Citrix documentation.
Register your local machine with the Control Room. This installs
the Bot agent.
The Bot agent enables local machine communication with the Control Room.
To install the Bot agent:
- Log in to the Control Room through your Automation Anywhere URL.
- Navigate to Devices in the Manage tab.
- From the action icons, click Add local bot agent.
- Click Connect to my computer.
- Follow the steps outlined in the wizard.
- Refresh the Devices page and verify that the local device is added.
Install Automation Anywhere plug-in for Citrix on your local machine.
The Automation Anywhere plug-in for Citrix provides the Citrix driver. This driver communicates with the Citrix server.
To install the Automation Anywhere plug-in for Citrix:
- Log in to the Control Room.
Launch one of the designated events.
Designated events include: launch Recorder, use the Devices tab or Device Status tab, or run a bot from Editor.
Verify that the Automation Anywhere plug-in for Citrix is installed.
Check for the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\Automation.CitrixDriver.dll.