Check out a bot
Check out specific versions of the parent and child bots from the public workspace to the private workspace to create an editable copy of the bot.
- You must have Bot Creator or Citizen Developer license to check out a bot to your private workspace.
- You must have check out permission at the folder level.
- You must have the check out permission on the dependency folders to check out a bot with dependent folders and files.
- You must have the Cancel
checkout and View content permissions on
a public workspace to cancel or undo a check out performed by a Bot Creator user,
You do not require the Cancel checkout permission to cancel the checked out bot from a private workspace.
While checking out bot, keep the following considerations in mind:
- If you want to check out multiple bots as a unit that are not dependent on each other, create a main bot and then add the other bots as dependencies to this main bot. Check out the main bot.
- Only one user can check out a file at a time. When a user checks out a file, it cannot be checked out by any other user.
- If you are checking out a parent bot in the public workspace whose dependencies are checked out by another user, the dependencies of the parent bot will be cloned in your private workspace.
- If a bot is checked out, it cannot be deleted. The bot should be in a checked-in state to be deleted.
- When you edit a checked-out bot, the status changes to Checked out
You can use the Revert edits option to revert changes you made to the checked-out bot.
- During check out, a cloned bot can be overwritten or replaced.
- The dependent files are automatically cloned if they are checked out by another user and you have the Clone permission on the bot folder.
- Log in to the Control Room as a Bot Creator or a Citizen Developer user.
On the left pane, click Automation.
A list of available bots and forms is displayed.
Select the bot, choose to either clone or check
out the dependencies, open the actions menu (vertical ellipsis).
Note: If a bot has multiple versions, you can select and check out the specific version of the bot. This enables you to roll back to an earlier version of the bot.
The bot will appear in the same folder structure in the private workspace. When you check out bot files or folders, all the dependencies linked to the bot files or folders will either be checked out or cloned as per your choice.
- Select Yes, Checkout to check out the latest version of the bot. The dependencies are cloned automatically.
- Select Advanced options
to select a specific version of the parent bot and add or
remove dependencies for check out.Note: By default the dependencies are cloned if you do not select the dependencies for check out.
Click Check out.
To cancel the
checked-out bot, click the Cancel check out Task
You can use this option from either the public or the private workspace.In the public workspace, the bot status changes to public and the bot is available for check out by another user with the appropriate permissions.
In the private workspace, the bot status changes to new if any changes were made to the bot. If there are no changes, the bot is replaced with a clone.