Install Bot Agent and register device
The Bot Agent is a lightweight application that enables you to run bots on your device by connecting the device to the Control Room. To run bots on a local machine, install the Bot Agent and add the local device to the list of enabled host devices.
- To install the Bot Agent, the Windows installer policy must be enabled for the user device.
- The read, write, and execute permissions must be enabled for the Bot Agent folders on the user device.
- Ensure the device system date and time are in sync with the current date and time so that the device registration is successful.
The Bot Agent version available for download is the latest and compatible with the Control Room version that is used.
- You can now install the Bot Agent on a device with an
existing Enterprise 11 client.
- A Bot Creator can log in and access both Automation 360 and Enterprise 11 client to create bots.
- Attended Bot Runners can run bots from both Automation 360 and Enterprise 11 Control Room instances.
- Unattended Bot Runners can deploy bots by using the run and schedule permission on the same device.
- You cannot run bots from Enterprise 11 and Automation 360 at the same time.
- You cannot install a Bot Agent on a device with an existing Enterprise 10 client.
- When the Bot Agent is installed on a device where Enterprise 11 client is also installed and then you uninstall the client, you might face login issues with the device. Therefore, you must uninstall and re-install the Bot Agent on the device.
- Log in to the Control Room through your Automation Anywhere URL using a supported browser.
Install the Bot Agent and add a local device by choosing
one of the following options:
- From the menu on the right, click the device icon to connect a local device.
- Go to the Devices page, and click the Connect local device icon located at the top-right of the Devices list.
Click Connect to my computer.
The Bot Agent setup file is downloaded.
Follow the steps outlined in the wizard.
Authenticated proxy access: If your device's access to the internet is controlled through an authenticating proxy server, you are prompted to provide the proxy server authentication details. These credentials are required for the device to communicate with the Control Room.To enable the authenticated proxy, register the device through a Google Chrome browser with the Automation 360 Chrome extension enabled.Note: The Chrome extension is installed for Google Chrome Enterprise browser users even if the device is offline. The extension is downloaded along with the Bot Agent MSI installer file.
Select an option to install the Bot Agent either at the
system level or user level.
- To install at the system level, select Anyone who uses this
computer (all users)
All users of the device can use this
- To install at the system level, select Anyone who uses this computer (all users)