Extract data using magnetic ink character recognition
Use the magnetic ink character recognition (MICR) OCR feature with ABBYY FineReader Engine version 12.2 support to extract MICR data from financial checks.
- Ensure that ABBYY FineReader Engine is installed in the plug-ins folder: \OCR Plugins\ABBYY SDK\12\. . ..
- From the C:\Program Files (x86)\Automation Anywhere IQ Bot (version)\Configurations folder, open the Settings.txt file, change OCREngine=Tesseract4 to OCREngine=Abbyy, and save the file.
The MICR feature is supported with ABBYY FineReader Engine versions 12.2 .
- Set ABBYY FineReader Engine in your settings.txt file as the primary OCR engine.
- Navigate to the IQ Bot\Configurations\AbbyyImagePreProcessingSettings.json file.
Update these parameters:
The MICR feature is activated in the system.
TextTypes = 129
- Create a learning instance and add form fields to extract MICR data from financial checks such as MICR and Pay to fields.
- Scan and upload a check to IQ Bot for training. In production, upload the financial checks for accurate MICR data extraction.
- In the Designer, map the MICR data in the financial check for extraction.
- In production, upload the financial checks for accurate MICR data extraction.