Disaster recovery configuration
When you configure disaster recovery enabled data centers for Automation 360, ensure specific conditions are met.
- Primary site: Ensure the primary site is up and running with HA optionally configured.
- Primary site components: Ensure the primary site has components such as database, repository, and Elasticsearch data folder configured.
- AD domain: Ensure the same Active Directory domain is available to both the primary and secondary sites.
- Site domains: Ensure the secondary site Control Room and machines are members of the same domain as the primary site Control Room and machines.
- Licenses: Assign floating licenses for users so that they can log in to devices on the backup site.
- Secondary site services: Shut down the Control Room services at the secondary site until they are required.
- Site configurations: Ensure the machines at the primary site and secondary site have the same specification and configuration. This includes the Control Room, Bot Runners, associated devices, and login credentials. This is a requirement to ensure an equal level of service during an outage.
- Schedules: Ensure schedules, after they are created, are stored in the
database in UTC format. This ensures the schedules run as specified in the
production environment.Note: Schedules are stored in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and therefore run at the same time, regardless of the physical location or time zone settings of the server.
- Bot agent: Ensure the secondary site Bot agent have the exact same configurations as the primary site Bot agent they are mapped to.