Automation 360 Cloud Bot Runner device requirements
Review the machine hardware specifications, operating system versions, and browser types supported by Automation 360 Cloud for creating and running bots on a device. The same requirements are also valid for Automation 360 Community Edition.
Hardware requirements for registered devices
The Bot agent can be installed on devices that meet or are equivalent to the following hardware requirements:
|Device||Processor||RAM||Storage (free disk space)||Network|
Intel Core i3 2.6 GHz with 4 multi-cores or higher
Add 100 through 150 KB per Automation Anywhere script
Add 40 through 50 GB per long-term project
|Additional users on a multi-user device||2 CPU per additional user||4 GB per additional user||No additional storage required||No additional network needed|
- Additional RAM requirements for the registered devices
Add additional RAM to account for applications and services running on the registered devices, for example:
- Microsoft Office applications (example: Excel)
- Browsers (example: Google Chrome)
- Enterprise applications (example: CRM, Oracle EBS, and SAP)
- VDI infrastructure applications
- Anti-virus software
- AISense Recorder
- Additional disk space on registered devices
- Automation 360 scripts average approximately 100-150 KB. Additional free disk space is required to develop automation projects because temporary files such as screenshots, server logs, and audit files are created during the execution of the automation scripts.
- Free space required increases with the project size. Recommendation: Have at least 40-50 GB of free disk space for each long-term project.
- Increase storage space configuration after installation, as needed, depending on product usage. For example, depending upon the complexity of your bot, generating log files and logic creation require additional disk space later.
Additional CPU or processor on registered devices
AISense Recorder: Additional CPU or processor is required on a device if the existing CPUs are utilized by customer applications. It is also required in case of a VDI infrastructure where CPU or processors are shared across the infrastructure.
Platform compatibility for registered devices
A device used to connect to the Control Room and perform bot tasks must meet the platform requirements.
- Registered devices
- Physical machines that you want to use for creating bots or deploying bots and running any of the supported operating systems.
- Terminal servers
- Using remote desktop (RDP), running any of the supported operating systems is supported on Automation 360 Version A2019.11 or later.
- Virtual machines
- Bot agent is supported on all VMs where the supported Windows OS has been hosted on Version A2019.09 or later. For example, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) are supported on Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, VMware virtual machines, and Oracle Virtual Box.
Supported operating systems for registered devicesA device used to run the Bot agent, connect to the Control Room, and perform bot tasks as a Bot Creator and Bot Runner must meet the operating system requirements.
- Only 64-bit operating system version supported.
- Bot Creator tasks are supported with all the listed operating systems.
- You cannot register a device that is running on a Linux system. The Bot agent cannot be installed on Linux systems. However, you can use a registered device running on a Windows system to access a Control Room that is installed on a Linux system.
|Windows version||Windows edition||Attended Bot Runner||Unattended Bot Runner||Bot Creator|
|Windows Server 2019||Datacenter and Standard||Supported||Supported1||Supported|
|Windows Server 2016||Datacenter and Standard||Supported||Supported1||Supported|
|Windows Server 2012||Datacenter and Standard||Supported||Supported 1||Supported|
|Windows 10||Professional and Enterprise||Supported||Supported1||Supported|
|Windows 8 2||Professional and Enterprise||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|Windows 7 2||Professional and Enterprise||Supported||Supported||Supported|
- (1) Auto-login
- Auto-login is only supported on 64-bit systems.
- If the Auto-login fails, configure the Local Security
Policy settings. For example, in Windows, select . Enable the
Interactive logon: Do not require
option.Recommendation: Enable the Interactive logon: Do not require CTRL+ALT+DEL option to ensure your device is able to bypass the screen to create a user session.
When you deploy a bot from the Control Room on a device, Bot agent receives the deployment and creates an interactive user session for deployment. If the option is disabled, the Bot agent will not be able to bypass the screen to create a user session. Therefore, we recommend you enable this option.
- (2) Supported OS
- Windows 8 (64-bit) supported on Enterprise A2019 Builds 1598 and 1610 or earlier.
- Windows 7 (64-bit) supported on Enterprise A2019.12 or later.
Supported browsers for registered devices
The user interface for Automation 360 is accessed through a browser. Log in to your device, and then log in to Control Room through a browser.
|Google Chrome||57 or later|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer||11|