Control Room Fail-Safe status
When the Control Room is unable to connect to the license server, it moves into Fail-Safe status.
- Normal operations. All API calls from the Control Room are accepted by the license server.
- Users can be assigned floating licenses as they log on. Floating licenses can be released as users log off.
- Only the heartbeat API call is allowed to the license server. All other calls from the Control Room are stopped.
- Operations, such as granting logging in users a license, or deleting a license assigned to a logged in user are restricted.
- The Control Room stops all operations, all users are logged out of the Control Room.
Fail-Safe mode actions
When the Control Room loses connection with the licensing server and moves into Fail-Safe mode:
- The Control Room administrator is sent an email notification, saying the Control Room is in Fail-Safe mode. The administrator can take remedial action to re-establish the connection.
- Currently logged in users continue to have access and can do tasks.
- User licenses cannot be allocated to or de-allocated from users.
Fail-Safe-Expired mode actions
When the Fail-Safe time limit expires, the Control Room moves into Fail-Safe-Expired state:
- All connected users are shut down.
- The Control Room reports Shutdown status to the license server.
- The Control Room shuts down.
Active mode actions
When the Control Room is restarted and operational, and connectivity to the license server established, the Control Room is in Active state:
- Users who had assigned licenses prior to the Fail-Safe, have their original licenses re-allocated.
- New users can request and be allocated licenses.