Credential Vault email notifications
When the email notification setting is enabled, it ensures that users are notified of any changes to credentials and lockers.
Email notifications are sent for the following scenarios:
- Credential is added to a locker
- When credential is added to a locker, a notification is sent to all consumers of the locker to their email address registered in the Control Room. The email consists of a link to the credential that is added to the locker. The consumers are redirected to edit the credential page wherein they input the credential value.
- Member is added or removed from a locker
- An email notification is sent when a new member (co-owner or participant) is added to a locker or removed from the locker as a member of participant.
- Change in permission for locker members
- When a locker owner/admin grants or removes locker membership permissions from a locker, an email notification is sent to the locker members at their email address. This ensures that members are notified of their membership changes within the locker.
- Locker consumer gets added or removed from a role assigned to a locker, or consumer role gets added or removed from a locker
- When a role assigned to a locker is modified by addition or removal of users, an email notification is sent to the new or existing user at their email address so that the consumers are notified that credentials are pending for their input in the locker.
- Also when a new role added to a locker or an existing role is revoked from the locker, an email notification is sent to the new or existing consumers at their email address so that the consumers are made aware of the changes.