Using Set field action
Use the Set field action to set a value in a particular field in the terminal. This action also enables you to send predefined keys after the value to perform various operations in the terminal. You can use this action with the TN3270E, TN5250E, ANSI, and VT100 terminal types.
- Double-click or drag the Set field action from the Terminal Emulator node in the Actions palette.
- Enter the name of the session that you have used to establish a connection with the terminal using the Connect action in the Terminal emulator session name field.
Specify the field for which you want to set a value:
Select the By index option to specify the field based on its index.
The index value starts from zero and ends at 99999. For example, if you want to set the value for the third field, you must specify 2 in this field.
Select the By name option to specify the location of the field.
For example, if you want to set the value for a field in the fifth column of the third row, you must specify
R3C5in the field.
- Select the By index option to specify the field based on its index.
Specify the Plain text value you want to set in the specified field:
- Click the Credential tab to select an entry from the Credential Vault.
- Click the Variable tab to use a variable that contains the text you want to send.
Select the Send enter key after setting field check box if you want to
send the enter key after setting the field.
This option performs the operation similar to pressing the Enter key after setting the value in the field.
Select the Send a key after sending the above text check
box if you want to send a key after sending the text.
- Select the key you want to send from the list.
- Enter a value in the Delay after send key command field to specify the period (in milliseconds) the system must wait after sending the selected key.
- In the Assign value to variable list, select a string variable.