The Automation Anywhere Debugger provides tools to help identify and fix issues during bot development.
To run a bot in Debugger mode, select the bot to run the debug function against and select Edit TaskBot. From the Edit TaskBot page, do the following:
- Click the Debugger icon.
- Click the Start icon.
Important: Use the List view to debug bots. The list view provides access to all of the Debugger features and visual indications of which action is running.
- To debug your task one action at a time, insert a breakpoint next to each action.
This makes the task pause at the breakpoint.
Tip: You can enable and disable breakpoints in the Debugger mode, or in the regular edit mode.
- To insert a breakpoint, click the vertical ellipses and select Enable breakpoint.
- To remove a breakpoint, click the vertical ellipses and select Disable breakpoint.
- To move one action at a time, click the Step over icon.
- To clear all breakpoints, click the Clear all breakpoints icon.
- To stop the current debugging session, click the Stop icon.
- To exit debugging, click the Exit debugger menu.
Note: You cannot edit actions in Debugger mode.