Using the Text Box element
Use the Text Box element in the form builder to insert a text box in the form.
On the left pane, click Automation.
A list of available bots and forms is displayed.
Click an existing form or click
.The form builder page appears.
- Drag Text Box into the form.
- Enter the name of the element in the Element label field.
Enter the default text that must appear in the element.
For example, if this field is used in a registration form, enter First name, which is displayed during bot runtime.
Use the Formatting field for additional options:
Set the character limit using the Min and Max fields.
- Click the Add regular expression option and enter a custom text in the Regular expression field.
- Optional: Enter the same custom text in the Test Content field, and click Test regular expression to verify it works correctly.
- Optional: Enter the hint text and tooltip for the element.
Enable any of the following Advance behavior
- Select the Make field required check box to ensure users select this element during bot runtime.
- Select the Make field uneditable check box to make the element a read-only option.
- Select the Mask data check box if you want the field to be masked by special characters when the user enters data during bot runtime.
Click one of the following options:
- Reset: Clears all the element customization and sets the default.
- Delete: Deletes the selected element.
- Click Save.