Advanced search feature in the Bot editor
Search for any text value or variable name within action details across a bot by using the Advanced search feature.
- In the search box (Search in this bot), click the Advanced search icon before the close button. When you click the Advanced search icon, a new Advanced search page is opened within Assistant.
- Use the following shortcut key to open the Advanced search page: Ctrl + Shift + F
- Open the Assistant and select the Advanced
If you enter the search text first in the simple search box and then click the Advanced search option, the exact search text is carried over and displayed on the Advanced search page.
When you edit or view a bot, you can use the advanced search feature to find the exact line of action and the corresponding action details where the search text appears, select the search filter criteria, and navigate through the search results. The Advanced search feature comprises three components: search text, search filters, and search results
- Canvas (Flow and List views): to search for any text within the canvas that is displayed in the flow and list views.
- Text value: to search for any text value within the action details.
- Variable name: to search for any variable name within the action details.
You can select or clear one or all the filter check boxes depending on the search criteria.
When you enter the search text and select the filter criteria, the Advanced search page displays the search results based on action names across the different lines of the bot.
When you select a specific line item against the action name, the action detail page opens within Results tab displaying a list of all matching results within that action.
When there is more than one search result, you can use the Back button to go to the previous line and the Next button to go to the next item. When you select the Back or Next button, the action is highlighted in the canvas, and the detail of the corresponding item is displayed in the properties panel.
The following example shows how Advanced search works. You are editing a bot with lengthy lines of code. Now you want to search with the text botname in the Assistant window. The Results header shows the total count of 10 matched action names and line numbers with the count of matching line items, such as If| Line 6 | 2 matches.
You can also select the search filter criteria and navigate through the search results.
When you click a matching item from the action details, for example, if you select the second search result If| Line 6 | 2 matches in the Results tab, you will see the complete line of action that contains the search text highlighted in the canvas, and the details of the selected action are displayed on the properties panel. You can see that the searched text botname is appearing in the if condition, as shown in the properties panel.