Using the Create user action
Use the Create user action to configure and activate a new user.
Connect to the Active Directory server.
- In the Actions palette, double-click or drag the Create user action from the Active Directory package.
- In the Session name field, enter the session name that you provided in the Connect action.
Enter a user name.
For example, John Smith.
Enter the logon name.
The user will use this value to log in to the account.For example, john.smith.
- Enter the user's first name.
- Optional: Enter these user details: last name, display name, initials, email address, description, department, and title.
- Select Active user to activate the user.
- Select the Password settings check box to set the password for the user.
Enter the password.
You can select Credential to use a value from the Credential Vault, Variable to use a credential variable, or Insecure string to manually enter a password.
Select the option that enables the user to either change or not change their
password at the next login.
If you choose the Don’t require password change at next login option, you have additional options to select.
- User can’t change password
- Password doesn’t expire
- Click Save.