Using the Merge documents action
Use the Merge documents action to merge multiple PDF files into a single PDF file.
- In the Actions palette, double-click or drag the Merge documents action from the PDF package.
Click Add PDF document to provide details on the first
The Add PDF document window appears.
In the PDF path, select one of the following options to
specify the location of the PDF:
- Control Room file: Enables you to select a PDF file that is available in a folder in the Control Room.
- Desktop profile: Enables you to select a PDF file that is available on your device.
- Variable: Enables you to specify the file variable that contains the location of the PDF file.
In the User password or Owner
password field, enter a password to restrict access to the
encrypted PDF file.
- User password: Allow users to perform specific operations on the encrypted PDF file.
- Owner password: Allow users to use a password to open the file.
In the Page range field, select one of the following
- All pages: Selects all the pages in the PDF file.
- Pages: Enter the page numbers of the pages that
you want to
merge.Note: If you entered 1-3,5-7,8,10 or 10,8,5-7,1-3 in Enterprise 11, the output was pages 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,10. In Automation 360, if you enter the input as follows:
- In ascending order 1-3,5-7,8,10, the output of the pages is 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,10
- In descending order 10,8,5-7,1-3, the output of pages is 10,8,5,6,7,1,2,3
- Click Yes, Add.
Repeat Steps 2 through 6 to provide details on additional PDF files.
To modify the details of, or delete a PDF file, open the actions menu (the vertical ellipsis to the right of the file).
Place the files in the order that they should appear in the merged file.
To move a file, open the actions menu. Then use the Move up or Move down options.
In the Output file path field, specify a name and
location for the merged file.
You must include the .pdf extension in the name of the decrypted file. For example, if the file name is June_Quarter_report, the .pdf extension is June_Quarter_report.pdf.
Select the Overwrite files with the same name check box
to overwrite existing files with the same name.
Note: If this option is not selected and the bot encounters a file with the same name at the specified location, the bot will fail.
- Click Save.