Automation 360 FAQ
For details and questions on the latest Automation Anywhere platform, Automation 360, review this FAQ.
- What is Automation 360?
- Automation 360 delivers a browser-based, intuitive experience for business users to easily automate tasks and powerful tools for developers to build process automation, delivering security, governance, and control on a scalable infrastructure for IT.
- What is included in Automation 360?
- Everything to build the bots you need to automate your business processes: Control Room cluster, Bot editor, Bot Runner, Universal Recorder, Enterprise-grade security certifications, support, access to the Bot Store, and courses on Automation Anywhere University.
- How is Automation 360 deployed?
Automation 360 can be deployed On-Premises as well as in the Cloud.
For Automation 360 On-Premises deployment, the installation is on the customer's servers. With the web-based nature of the Bot Creator, there is no installation or deployment required on the user machines, resulting in a significant reduction in total cost of ownership (TCO).
Automation 360 deployed in the Cloud offers a turnkey solution where the buyers do not have to worry about choosing the cloud provider, or any other infrastructure elements– Automation Anywhere takes care of it all. Admins get the complete set of features for user management, security, governance, and control that they also access through a web browser. The end users can then access the platform using their browser, log in, and start creating their bots.
- What additional cloud hosting options are available?
- Automation 360 can be hosted on AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, IBM, and any public, private, or hybrid cloud service.
- How is Automation 360 delivered?
- You can start your automaton journey with Automation 360 in
one of the following ways:
- Automation 360 (Cloud or On-Premises): Automation 360 is an
intelligent cloud-native end-to-end platform you can use to automate
your business processes across systems and applications.
For more information see: About Automation 360.
- Community Edition: Community Edition
provides a free web-based option for users to experience a range of
bot creation capabilities. Community Edition can be used by small organizations
(less than 250 machines).
Community Edition provides one Bot Creator license that you can use to log in to one device, and deploy one bot at a time. There is no limitation to the number of automations that you can create, but you will have access to only limited features.
- Free trial: Free trial license provides an evaluation period of 30
days that you can use to assess the product and make an informed
decision. Free trial supports both Cloud and
On-Premises deployments and provides access to
the full set of features along with full tech support for these 30
days. You will have access to three Bot Creator and
two Bot Runner licenses.
For more information, see: Trial licenses.
- Automation 360 (Cloud or On-Premises): Automation 360 is an intelligent cloud-native end-to-end platform you can use to automate your business processes across systems and applications.
- What scripting languages does Automation 360 support?
- Is Automation 360 available in languages other than English?
- Yes, Automation 360 is available in 10 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
- How is Automation 360 updated?
For Cloud deployed Automation 360, customers are always on the latest version with updates rolled out by Automation Anywhere on a regular basis. For features such as action packages, admins and users have the ability to test the latest packages before choosing to accept the update.
For On-Premises customers, regular updates are made available through the customer portal, providing admins an opportunity to keep their business-wide installation on the version of their choice.
- What are some of the data privacy and security aspects of Automation 360?
- Automation Anywhere
Cloud privacy is engineered with a comprehensive set of
security features that either automatically provide or are configurable by
the data owner to provide data protection. Automation Anywhere
Cloud includes comprehensive security and encrypts data
both in transit and at rest. No personal data goes outside of the
environment–unless you tell it to; it remains completely under the control
of the IT manager.
To ensure customers can trust the AAI Enterprise Cloud, Automation Anywhere Cloud services are secured based on industry standards and frameworks like NIST Cybersecurity Framework, AWS Cloud Adaption Framework, Center for Information Security (CIS) baselines, and others.
- Is Automation Anywhere Cloud highly available?
- Automation Anywhere Cloud is deployed using fully load balanced Control Room environments of Automation 360 deployed on fully HA public cloud infrastructure services within a region.
- Is Automation Anywhere Cloud protected with disaster recovery?
- Backups are taken every 6 hours to another region (except Australia where
backups are kept in country). If a disaster is declared for the primary
region, then a secondary region is instantiated for all tenants using the
current objectives for this recovery are:
Note: A DR region might be in a different country.
- RTO (Recovery Time Objective): Time to get a new region up and running with the last backup data restored = 6 hours.
- RPO (Recovery Point Objective): The maximum duration for data loss during a restore = 6 hours.