Get started with recorders
You can use two recorders in Automation 360, the Universal Recorder and the AISense Recorder, to automate tasks by recording interactions with objects such as click, read (data extraction), and write (data entry).
An integrated Recorder
- Feature updates are delivered as delta updates, which reduces the time spent downloading the newest Recorder package each release.
- The Start recording icon serves as a common entry point to both recorders.
Choosing which recorder to use for your task
Before you start building your bot, decide which recorder best fits your requirements.
- Use the Universal Recorder to automate interactions with user interface objects in a browser, HTML, Java, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, or Windows application. When you run the bot, if it cannot reliably find objects, use the AISense Recorder.
- Always use the AISense Recorder in the following scenarios:
- You are accessing the software using Citrix, or a similar remote desktop technology.
- You are automating in a legacy technology, such as Delphi.